Helpful Tips to a Better Sleep
How To Get A Better Night Sleep
One of the most important factors for better dream recall is actually getting a better nights sleep.
Develop a healthy and nurturing pre-bed routine that helps you feel relaxed and winds you down.
- Try to go to bed at the same time every night/wake up at the same time every morning. This helps your body develop natural signals that its time to wind down and sleep etc.
- Turn your alarm clock away from you so you don’t see the time during the night if you can’t sleep.
- Constantly looking at the time and realizing how much time is going by while you lay there awake just reinforces the fact that you are not sleeping.
- Turn the clock away from you so that you don’t see the time at all.
- Take a bath
- Read a fiction book /do a crossword
- Listen to relaxing music in bed
Make Dream Recalling Easier with Better Sleep Tips
- Be off the computer/away from the T.V for an hour before bed.
- T.V and Computers are to stimulating and don’t allow your brain to relax enough to fall asleep. If you do watch T.V before going to bed, try to make it something funny at least. Laughter is the best medicine and actually does lower levels of stress hormones in your body.
- Don’t drink alcohol before going to bed. Alcohol is actually a stimulant that will keep your body awake while your body metabolizes it.
- Try to get at least 20 minutes of exercise during the day. Exercise keeps helps keep your body and mind stress free and in good condition to fall asleep at the end of the day. Those that exercise regularly have been shown to sleep better than those who don’t.
Treatment for Sleep Problems and Insomnia
If you can’t sleep:
- Get out of bed and read in another room
- DON’T think negative thoughts related to NOT sleeping, instead focus your attention on something else, and soon enough you will actually feel tired again.